🗣️ Website feedback & suggestions thread

Discussion of roleplaying & the realm
Qomplete
Knight
Knight

Use this thread to post any issues, suggestions, ideas, feedback etc. on the site.
Village Peasant
Village Peasant

Very neat place to do some SERIOUS roleplaying.

How about a reputation subforum to +reputation a seller or buyer? Gain reputation and trust for frequent users
Skream
Village Peasant
Village Peasant

Yeah that is a good idea, we definitely need that
TheViz
Site Admin

I'm all for a reputation system. I know after successfully selling dozens of watches without issue, I still get questioned.
DROOSEPH
Knight
Knight

The tapatalk version is nice for the phone but I like the pc browser version a little more. There’s no scrolly mouse webs thing at the top here

Qomplete
Knight
Knight

96 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:59 pm Very neat place to do some SERIOUS roleplaying.

How about a reputation subforum to +reputation a seller or buyer? Gain reputation and trust for frequent users
I'm looking into a way to manage this.

People can at least link to a r/repvouch thread. Also, once the user has made multiple sales in previous posts on here that is more evidence.

It isn't easy to make something that only allows a buyer/seller reputation feedback type system.
Skream
Village Peasant
Village Peasant

Qomplete wrote:
96 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:59 pm Very neat place to do some SERIOUS roleplaying.

I'm looking into a way to manage this.

People can at least link to a r/repvouch thread. Also, once the user has made multiple sales in previous posts on here that is more evidence.

It isn't easy to make something that only allows a buyer/seller reputation feedback type system.
I don't think it needs to be anything intricate. Just a separate board where users can open a thread and say they had a good experience with XYZ. Later other people can add to that same thread for the same person, or open a new one...
Qomplete
Knight
Knight

So like a RepVouch thread on this forum?

I can do that, but I'm also trying to find something that works similar to how reptimeBST did with number of sales someone has made and it appears on their profile. It just needs to be nonfuckwithable proof.
Skream
Village Peasant
Village Peasant

Yeah basically
Qomplete
Knight
Knight

ok done. thread at the bottom of cosplay section
EventHorizonVII
Newborn Fawn
Newborn Fawn

DarkMode - Who does not love that?
Topic Prefixes - Great for the BST's
Verified Profiles - Great for giving us an indicator that the Cosplayer is the Cosplayer is the Cosplayer.

All can be found in phpBB extension repository.
Qomplete
Knight
Knight

EventHorizonVII wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:03 am DarkMode - Who does not love that?
Topic Prefixes - Great for the BST's
Verified Profiles - Great for giving us an indicator that the Cosplayer is the Cosplayer is the Cosplayer.

All can be found in phpBB extension repository.
Thanks for the feedback mate.

Was talking to Skream about dark mode, just have to figure out how to let users switch between options.

Topic prefixes and automatic post templates are all noted and coded in the Cosplay section. I'm also working on a 'Mark as Sold' button in that section which automatically updates the thread title.

The TDs that have joined have their rank marked as cosplayer, they're just not very active yet. I'll also be putting together a forum team who will have similar notations on the profiles.

I have been going through the extension repo a lot in what spare time I can get to find more ways to enhance.

Keep the suggestions coming!
muffinman326
Village Peasant
Village Peasant

Any possibility admins can grant access to cosplay area? For instance, if we can prove credibility elsewhere ie reddit or discord then we dont have to post 5 times? Just a suggestion

Skream
Village Peasant
Village Peasant

muffinman326 wrote:Any possibility admins can grant access to cosplay area? For instance, if we can prove credibility elsewhere ie reddit or discord then we dont have to post 5 times? Just a suggestion

I think 5 posts is extremely reasonable
Qomplete
Knight
Knight

muffinman326 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:32 am Any possibility admins can grant access to cosplay area? For instance, if we can prove credibility elsewhere ie reddit or discord then we dont have to post 5 times? Just a suggestion
Yeah 5 posts isn't many and it ensures people are doing flyby sales and adding nothing to the community. Soon enough there will be heaps of concurrent active threads to participate in.

It's as much about stoking the community discussion as it is gaining access
DROOSEPH
Knight
Knight

I am trying to get duke to post a qc for me here. Is there a format we want to ask everyone to adhere to, even loosely? Reptime are cunts about it but the alignment tool use is nice considering we aren't sticking strictly to the cheaper cosplay.
Qomplete
Knight
Knight

DROOSEPH wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:51 pm I am trying to get duke to post a qc for me here. Is there a format we want to ask everyone to adhere to, even loosely? Reptime are cunts about it but the alignment tool use is nice considering we aren't sticking strictly to the cheaper cosplay.
I would suggest he just creates an imgur album like usual and that can be posted.
DROOSEPH
Knight
Knight

What do you guys think about adding a reviews section. I working on writing one up and it would be nice if, as people review stuff they is a section that can act as a library of reviewed products.

kind of tandem to a NWBIG list but with real pictures of products in hand.
Shadovarrr
Newborn Fawn
Newborn Fawn

I understand the reasoning behind the 5 post rule, but I’m not going to diddle myself in the forum equivalent of a casting room. I started buying and selling immediately upon joining the Reddit community and it kept me coming back. I contributed on r/Chinatime when I chose to, but that only ever happened while I was browsing shitters to buy/sell/trade. This seems like putting the cart before the horse. I was only active on the Reddit because of the ease of BST’ing, the more relaxed attitudes of the members (Reptime were a bunch of self-fart sniffing cunts), and the quantity of reps posted everyday… discussions and the development of a community are byproducts of that traffic and trade. This seems like a lame, artificial way of jumpstarting interactions. I have a couple of decent cosplays I’ve been meaning to part with and was excited, as I thought this was just r/Chinatime 2.0, but I can’t even lurk or browse shit? The fuck? You mods are all pretty outstanding in my book(10yrs of cuntily toxic RWI being the only option really made me appreciate Chinatime), but I’m not going through this vetting bullshit again. Especially not for the reasons given. Regardless, thanks for the time and effort put into all of this my dudes!
DROOSEPH
Knight
Knight

Shadovarrr wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:33 pm I understand the reasoning behind the 5 post rule, but I’m not going to diddle myself in the forum equivalent of a casting room. I started buying and selling immediately upon joining the Reddit community and it kept me coming back. I contributed on r/Chinatime when I chose to, but that only ever happened while I was browsing shitters to buy/sell/trade. This seems like putting the cart before the horse. I was only active on the Reddit because of the ease of BST’ing, the more relaxed attitudes of the members (Reptime were a bunch of self-fart sniffing cunts), and the quantity of reps posted everyday… discussions and the development of a community are byproducts of that traffic and trade. This seems like a lame, artificial way of jumpstarting interactions. I have a couple of decent cosplays I’ve been meaning to part with and was excited, as I thought this was just r/Chinatime 2.0, but I can’t even lurk or browse shit? The fuck? You mods are all pretty outstanding in my book(10yrs of cuntily toxic RWI being the only option really made me appreciate Chinatime), but I’m not going through this vetting bullshit again. Especially not for the reasons given. Regardless, thanks for the time and effort put into all of this my dudes!
I think what you're looking for is the discord. There is a link on the index page.
Shadovarrr
Newborn Fawn
Newborn Fawn

:wathefuk: :cry: :-x
DROOSEPH wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:28 pm I think what you're looking for is the discord. There is a link on the index page.
I gave it a try, but the discord is not for me. Fucks sake… I’m at post 2/5 whilst bitching about the requirement :-x
DROOSEPH
Knight
Knight

Shadovarrr wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:50 pm :wathefuk: :cry: :-x
DROOSEPH wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:28 pm I think what you're looking for is the discord. There is a link on the index page.
I gave it a try, but the discord is not for me. Fucks sake… I’m at post 2/5 whilst bitching about the requirement :-x
Yeah man, you could just go to the watchshots and make a few comments. i have a few Macro shot posts on there. Just go critique those photos and you'll hit 5 in no time.
Skream
Village Peasant
Village Peasant

Shadovarrr wrote:I understand the reasoning behind the 5 post rule, but I’m not going to diddle myself in the forum equivalent of a casting room. I started buying and selling immediately upon joining the Reddit community and it kept me coming back. I contributed on r/Chinatime when I chose to, but that only ever happened while I was browsing shitters to buy/sell/trade. This seems like putting the cart before the horse. I was only active on the Reddit because of the ease of BST’ing, the more relaxed attitudes of the members (Reptime were a bunch of self-fart sniffing cunts), and the quantity of reps posted everyday… discussions and the development of a community are byproducts of that traffic and trade. This seems like a lame, artificial way of jumpstarting interactions. I have a couple of decent cosplays I’ve been meaning to part with and was excited, as I thought this was just r/Chinatime 2.0, but I can’t even lurk or browse shit? The fuck? You mods are all pretty outstanding in my book(10yrs of cuntily toxic RWI being the only option really made me appreciate Chinatime), but I’m not going through this vetting bullshit again. Especially not for the reasons given. Regardless, thanks for the time and effort put into all of this my dudes!
I think 5 comments is extremely reasonable and it takes you less then 5 minutes to post them. Other forums have requirements of up to 100 posts or you have to pay them to make listings sooner. We also don't request a pic of your government ID or a selfie. Think you should reconsider, make 3 more comments and start cosplaying your watches.
noblefinesse
Newborn Fawn
Newborn Fawn

My opinion on this forum is that it's somewhat legacy in terms in rapid Internet communication. Also being private, it dooesnt allow the "Search Engine Gods" to ingest quick knowledge for the Internet. BUT - as long as the search engines within this site work well it's still a good reference.
Qomplete
Knight
Knight

Shadovarrr wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:33 pm I understand the reasoning behind the 5 post rule, but I’m not going to diddle myself in the forum equivalent of a casting room. I started buying and selling immediately upon joining the Reddit community and it kept me coming back. I contributed on r/Chinatime when I chose to, but that only ever happened while I was browsing shitters to buy/sell/trade. This seems like putting the cart before the horse. I was only active on the Reddit because of the ease of BST’ing, the more relaxed attitudes of the members (Reptime were a bunch of self-fart sniffing cunts), and the quantity of reps posted everyday… discussions and the development of a community are byproducts of that traffic and trade. This seems like a lame, artificial way of jumpstarting interactions. I have a couple of decent cosplays I’ve been meaning to part with and was excited, as I thought this was just r/Chinatime 2.0, but I can’t even lurk or browse shit? The fuck? You mods are all pretty outstanding in my book(10yrs of cuntily toxic RWI being the only option really made me appreciate Chinatime), but I’m not going through this vetting bullshit again. Especially not for the reasons given. Regardless, thanks for the time and effort put into all of this my dudes!
This rant is about 20 comments worth of shit that would've given you full access by now.

5 simple short posts both contribute to the community and defer the potential for flyby scammers. It's a tiny ask.

Really this forum is just a fallback since Reddit could be deleted any time and discord already had that happen once.

Welcome to the difficulty level of illegal online sales. The price? 5 simple comments.