Best Rep or Cheaper Rep?

Discussion of roleplaying & the realm
BigBuddy89
Newborn Fawn
Newborn Fawn

Guys, see the market of second hand watches here and are plenty of cheaper roleplay and only a small fraction or that are high end roleplay.

So i’m curious to know what are the preference of forum member here, just to talk about.

Personally, and i do this on every hobby i have, try to learn something about what i’m going to buy, about the gen before and then on different factory options and pull the trigger on the best one i could have it, and goes modding route too if necessary for certain models.

See different “shittiers” piece’s that are visible reps from miles away, they are fun, but wear them would be an immediate calling out for anyone, even for who is not an expert.

So try to understand how could be a market of this models for people like us that love watches and could know there are best option out of there, i mean for a people who never look into watches it is just a brand on a watch and the cheaper option could maybe work it until he look at the gen counterpart if he fall in love with a specific model, but to someone have access to top grade roleplay, and know they are there it is still an option purchase low end piece?

Just to understand a bit what the ideas are about this :)
DROOSEPH
Paladin
Paladin

Most of us are into a wide variety... I have a few gens, some mid tier stuff and a bunch of shitters.

i like to try before i buy.
WienerBandit
Newborn Fawn
Newborn Fawn

You get sick of the shitters after a while. Once you look at enough stuff on the forums you can kind of gauge your expectations with stuff. The difference between even mid tier and shitter is so big that it ends up being really disappointing for me to get a shitter, see the quality, and then realize I should've just paid $50 more.

Mid tier is where its at in my opinion ($90-200). At this price point I think you are getting good value for the money in terms of build quality + I don't think there is much in the Gen market that can even come close to it. A mid tier roleplay is sitting at the $500+ mark in terms of gen. A $50 Invicta is the same quality as a $50-80 shitter.